Saturday, March 10, 2012

September 11, Biggie Smalls and The Mythic

September 11, Biggie Smalls and The Mythic: I like Biggie Smalls. Because I am a white guy from Brooklyn, intelligent, of course, I can not compare him to Bob Dylan. Both were poets, seers, shamans, performing uncompromising truth, but more than anything, talented artists are endless. But unlike Bob, Biggie was shot and killed when he was only 24 let.Parodiey. Biggie was a genius, and his disappearance in the beginning was a huge success in the youth culture. His universal appeal, its flow perfect, flawless, and his need to speak truth to power, could have passed him to a new level of cultural and even political. With all that said, all we have left is the taste of his magic, just a glimpse of his ability to achieve these things without effort.

I am a New Yorker. Sometimes I work near the World Trade Centre. I walked past it almost every day during the last three years. Biggie and New York, one of the most New Yorkers have never, and September 11, I always think about his immortal line, "Juicy," "Now I'm in the center of attention, because the rhyme tight Time to get paid, blow up as The World Trade ... "line, of course, a reference to the attack 93, but given the opportunity Biggie so often hit the truth about the insane level of depth, not surprising that single-line, as it will resonate as deeply years later, in one of his best songs personal and the most vulnerable populations. So, on 11.09.10, Biggie "Juicy", one of the greatest songs of man, and in New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment