Rose McGowan has long been known for both her acting talent and her beauty, but on Wednesday's episode of 'Law & Order: SVU,' the actress showed off a dramatically different look (see photo at far left).


In 2007, McGowan was injured in a car accident that left her with a deep cut on her face, for which she has admitted to undergoing plastic surgery.


"I didn't realize I was hurt until I put my hand to my face and felt the flap of skin. My glasses had sliced me under my eye," she said following the incident.


While the accident and subsequent surgery left her with a barely visible scar beneath her right eye, by the time she was back on the big screen in 'Grindhouse' that same year, her face looked noticeably different, causing many to speculate she had more than just reconstructive work done.


Dr. Jennifer Walden, a Manhattan plastic surgeon who has not treated McGowan, believes that the actress has had a number of procedures since her turn in the Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino-directed double feature that have led to her "done" look.


"The lower lid's pulling down a bit," Walden tells PopEater. "It's a possibility that she had eyelid surgery and is blaming her lower lid drooping on having cut her eye."